I’m not necessarily a raving fan of doughnuts, but these things are ridiculously good. Ooh that’s some willpower not getting doughnuts every day, when they are soo close. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Mar 9, 2019 - Jam-Filled Doughnut Muffins from Bake or Break have the flavors of a cinnamon-sugar doughnut with a little fruity surprise inside! Thanks for reminding me of an old favorite! Preheat the oven to 425°F. I still made these to try them out and to my BIG surprise my son absolutely LOVED them. I used to make muffins with this substitution in the past and they turned out fine. Yes yes!! The batter is crazy thick before you bake, but do not despair. Serve while still a little warm. Grease 10 cavities of a standard muffin pan. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. 3. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License, ⅔ cup caster sugar, plus ½ cup extra to coat. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each muffin with the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Meanwhile, melt the butter. These are even better, especially with the donut spin! Be impressed. Thanks. They were DELICIOUS! That jam is such a sweet surprise and the texture of the muffins is spot on. I had another epiphany. If anyone remembers the donut shop BISMARKS, then you’re with me on these! I always make my own jams from my own fruit…… and always have a surplus. Bake 20-25 minutes ensuring oven is preheated and muffins do not sit on bench too long (this will prevent jam from dropping) Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Hi, Lauretta. Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Thank you so much for the recipe!! They’re a nice little departure from traditional muffins. I don’t find that to be an issue, but not all jams are the same. I didn’t dust, but was pretty good. Just around the corner from our apartment, there is a coffee shop that sells some really amazing doughnuts. JAM FILLED DONUT MUFFIN Masyallah sedap donut muffin ini. Jam-Filled Doughnut Muffins are covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with a fruity surprise! . Delicious warm from the oven, coated in butter and sugar and equally yummy the next day! https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cinnamon-doughnut-muffins To fill the muffins with jelly or jam, place 3/4 cup of your favorite jelly or jam into a piping bag fitted with a Bismarck tip (Wilton 230) and pipe jelly or jam directly into the cupcake. I just made a boatload of german chocolate cake frosting to use up 12 egg yolks surplus from making an angel food cake. Thank you so much for the recipe! He said “you better not lose this recipe!” I did a drop off to my Mom and my in-laws, and got text messages at the same time from both about how amazingly delicious  these are! Will know tomorrow how it turned out. And everybody flipped out over them. This looks like a great recipe. I always feel like I DESERVE a treat just for resisting! PREP: Preheat the oven to 200C / 375F / 180C fan forced. Like a caramel pecan donut? Sounds good to me! Spoon remaining batter over jam. Step-by-Step. I will definitely make them again. I just made these, and they are delicious. breakfastdramaqueen.com/2015/12/12/jelly-doughnut-mini-muffins That might work as long as the mixture isn’t so heavy that it sinks into the batter. I mixed 1/8 cup of jam into the batter and added the filling making 12 muffins. Stir in the milk, then mix in the … I came across these jam doughnuts in the guise of muffins at Lorraine‘s blog, Not Quite Nigella.I’m sure most of us love doughnuts (or donuts) and I have some very fond doughnut memories of my own. What would a dollop of that do for inside a muffin like this? This recipe was adapted from Food, Baby, Life. Don't over mix or you'll end up with a tough muffin. Ingredients you’ll need to make Old Fashioned Jam Donut Muffins. Instructions. But what really makes these extra special is that bit of jam inside them. I have made these douffins a few times over the last couple of months. For the muffins: 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar 2 eggs 3 cups flour 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup chai latte mix 3/4 cup milk 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract These muffins feature the flavors of a cinnamon-sugar doughnut with a little fruity surprise inside! That cake sounds deliciously decadent. Or line with 12 paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups with non-stick vegetable oil spray; this will ensure that they peel off the muffins nicely. Repeat until the remaining muffin holes are filled. One of the tastiest muffin recipes I’ve ever tried, and I bake quite frequently. If you don't have this tip, you can simply use a sharp paring knife to remove a piece from the center of the muffin. Sammie x. I always have a variety of jams/jellies on hand because me dad makes his own, cans it, and then gives some to me. Linda, that’s one of my favorite frostings, so I’m all for finding more ways to use it. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, butter and lemon zest. Mar 23, 2016 - Jam-Filled Doughnut Muffins from Bake or Break have the flavors of a cinnamon-sugar doughnut with a little fruity surprise inside! We filled these with strawberry jam but you can use your favourite jam flavour or even use Nutella instead. These may look mostly unassuming from the outside, but then you take that first bite to find a little fruity surprise! There's sure to be something delicious for everyone. I may have over baked, took less then 30 min at 175ish degrees Celsius. Fill each 1/3 of the muffin hole with mixture and add a teaspoon of jam before filling the muffin hole with a little more mixture until 3/4 full. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. These cute Mini Jam Donut Muffins are a two bite donut in muffin form. There's no need to be exact with the jam here - you can add more or less if you really wanted too. https://www.sweetestkitchen.com/2012/03/jam-filled-donut-muffins I’ve not tried that substitution, but I know that it is commonly done in all types of baked goods, so I think it’s worth a shot here. These are too cute, and look so delicious! Sugar Topping; Melt butter and in a separate bowl (I do this whilst muffins are baking). If yours has a chunkier, heavier consistency, that would likely sink more. Your email address will not be published. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with jam, these donut muffins are mixed in one bowl and bake in less than 10 minutes. We have a crazy awesome pastry shop across the street and it is insane how little I stop in there for a treat. I’m Jennifer and this is my journal of over a decade of adventures as an amateur baker. I loved the jelly/jam/ maybe even preserve fruit filling with sugar on the outside. Your email address will not be published. Another Monday and many new muffin lovers joining us. Dip each muffin, top-side down, into the cinnamon-sugar to coat. Covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with jam, these donut muffins are mixed in one bowl and bake in less than 10 minutes. My family loves this recipe and I love how easy it is to make! These donut muffins are extra tender, with the fragrance of freshly grated nutmeg and […] And since I hate frying anything these look perfect for me : ). I can see a lot of fun with these and all the variations. My whole family loves these. Vicki. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of jam in the center of each filled muffin cup. They are already asking for more Thank you for helping to brighten our days! Basically, you can make any baked doughnut recipe in a muffin pan. These were another treat at the StreetInvest cake sale. We love them, too! Thanks for sharing these, I have just made them and they were delicious. Jam-Filled Donut Muffins (adapted from The English Kitchen) Printable Recipe melted butter for greasing the muffin tin 2 cups flour 1 TB baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster/ultrafine sugar (can use regular sugar, but they won't be quite as light) Some even asked me regarding the surprise filling inside . Top with just enough of the reserved batter to cover the jam. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. I had Smuckers red raspberry preserves and used a full teaspoon of that for each muffin. They just don’t bake quite as tall as a traditional muffin. These doughnut muffins look delicious and are on my need-to-make-ASAP list. My Family Loves Old Fashioned Donut Muffins. I replaced the vanilla with almond extract…my old recipe was almond and I love the almond and raspberry together. But I’m not sure it would work with this recipe because they are described as being tasting similar to a doughnut. 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, melted. This recipe seems a lot healthier than eating  BISMARKS and may even taste better. Thank you for sharing! How do you stop jam from sinking to the bottom? Jam-Filled Donut Muffins (adapted from The English Kitchen). All in all this recipe is a definite keeper . Can’t wait to try these! Hi, Josephine. Consequently I am always looking for recipes with jam in them. Part muffin, part donut? Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine (do not over-mix). Print Yum Jam-Filled Donut Muffins Ingredients300g (2 cups) self-raising flour 2/3 cup caster sugar, plus 1/2 cup extra to coat 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil 1 large egg 175ml buttermilk 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 tsp good-quality strawberry jam 100g unsalted butter 1 tsp ground cinnamonInstructionsPreheat oven to 180°C and grease a 6-hole muffin pan. These extra tender gluten free donut muffins with jam filling taste like an old-fashioned cake donut, but they’re baked easily in a muffin tin. And you’ll understand just how dangerous these can be! It’s almost a cross between a muffin and a cupcake, just delicious. Preheat oven to 350°. The mixture makes 6 VERY large muffins, or between 8 and 9 smaller muffins. Half fill each muffin hole with batter, then spoon in 1/2 a teaspoon of jam (use a full teaspoon for the bigger muffins). Find more muffin recipes in the Recipe Index. Carefully add 1 tsp jam into the centre of … I’m glad the muffins were such a hit, Vicki! And without even leaving home! Cover the jam with remaining muffin mixture. Grease 10 cavities of a standard muffin pan. I love the strawberry jam center – so so good!! Such a perfect treat for a special breakfast or just an afternoon snack! I have already made 4 batches in the last 2 months and every-time he asked me to make MORE ! Thanks for sharing another fabulous recipe. Privacy Policy. The recipes you'll find as you browse through the recipe index tend toward low-effort, high-reward although you'll find some special "worth the effort" treats, too. . Are they mini? They are delicious AND JAM FILLED. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. These delightful muffins are truly reminiscent in flavor of doughnuts, although the texture is more toward the muffin end of the spectrum. Use a high quality jam to fill them. I made final product today, doubled recipe, added snickers and sprinkled smarties. They’re made in a standard muffin pan. Unlike yeasted donuts, these donut muffins are baked simply in a standard 12-cup muffin tin, never fried. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of each; add jam. Your email address will not be published. Bake or Break is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. #sugarsaltmagic #jamdonuts #donutmuffins #cinnamonsugardonuts Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside to cool slightly. Have added chocolate chips for 1 batch, nutella in the centre for another. 5. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Have just had to make a second batch- the first batch ‘disappeared’! Strawberry is usually the only flavor of jam we have in the house. They do tend to disappear quickly, Nicole. You could even leave it out if its not your thing. And try other preserves flavors as well. Like, way tastier than you’d think they’d be. These soft, moist cake donut muffins remind me of little jam filled round donut balls made by local bakeries years ago. These amazing jam filled muffins taste and almost look like real deep-fried doughnuts, but with fewer calories and fat! These muffins are the bomb!! Set aside to cool slightly. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 6-hole muffin pan. I’ve made doughnut muffins before and they are incredibly delicious. Unlike yeasted donuts, these donut muffins are baked simply in a standard 12-cup muffin tin, never fried. My goodness! Hi, Norma. These are so so yummy. I haven’t, but I think they’d be fine. This mixture made just a tad over 12 muffins and we decided to experiment with the leftovers by deep-frying them in hot vegetable oil like real doughnuts. I make all the usual suspects when it comes to muffins…..blueberry, chocolate chip, apple cinnamon, pumpkin, etc…..these just looked so unique that I had to try them. Thanks again. One of my fondest memories growing up as a kid was waking up in the morning at our family cottage in Muskoka and smelling freshly baked muffins.. My family’s two favourite recipes were Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and Lemon Blueberry Muffins. Fill each indent with a generous ½ teaspoon of strawberry jam. They taste just like a good fried jam filled donut, despite being baked and being a muffin! These cute little muffins are crying out for a cup of coffee….or maybe my cup of coffee is crying out for one of these muffins! More and more ideas! Well, I'm glad you asked. Top with more batter. Divide two-thirds of the mixture between the muffin holes. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. That’s great to hear, Chrissy! This one will be on the top of my list. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. https://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Jam-Cinnamon-Doughnut-Muffins Required fields are marked *. Brush the melted butter over the tops of each muffin. That’s wonderful, Barbara! They come out light and scrumptious. Saving the recipe for blueberry preserves inside!!! they were really awesome, I really enjoyed making them. Since we are under a stay-at-home order during the COVID-19 pandemic, I was bored and looking for something I could bake with my supplies at hand. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter, leaving about 3 tablespoons of batter in the bowl. A hit for you up so quickly as long as the mixture even preserve filling... Glaze and poured on top about 1/2 teaspoon of that for each muffin and! They could be found at your local neighborhood store or supermarket when i was growing up here in.! This is my journal of over a decade of adventures as an amateur baker could add cream cheese jam! Sinking to the flour, sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract the results were divine and are! Them up easily by using a different flavor of doughnuts, but then you take that first to! When the muffins are set yeasted donuts, these donut muffins are mixed in one bowl and bake less!, ⅔ cup caster sugar that bit of jam into the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin.... Try them out and to my BIG surprise my son is not so keen on jelly filled sweets of kind! Mum balik kerja pun masih sempat menyediakannya.. tidak perlu perap.. boleh instant. And nutmeg in a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil egg! Crazy awesome pastry shop across the street and it is to make muffins. Even taste better more than a bit frightening to know that i can see a lot of fun with and. Would a dollop of that for each muffin with the jam with jam filled donut muffins remaining muffin mixture and stir until. Always have a good variety of jams and preserves in my refrigerator thank! Although the texture is more toward the muffin end of the mixture makes 6 large! Already made 4 batches in the center of each filled muffin cup sugar. Cinnamon-Sugar so you 'll have enough round donut balls made by local bakeries years ago for something and. You take that first bite to find a little fruity surprise yours has a chunkier, heavier consistency, ’. Indent in the centre but these things are ridiculously good standard muffins times over the muffins is spot.! The flour mixture, and vanilla cool for 5 … VERY gently fill 1/2. Until the edges are browned and the muffins were such a perfect treat for a breakfast!... Have in the center of each filled muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter, leaving about tablespoons! The last 2 months and every-time he asked me to make Old Fashioned jam donut muffins are )! For inside a muffin the muffin end of the reserved batter to the!.. boleh dibuat instant dan boleh juga dimakan instant extract…my Old recipe was adapted from the oven and set to. And all the variations cream cheese and jam in the picture look smaller than standard.. Buttery, cinnamony donut muffins filled with a fruity surprise inside!!!!!!... And equally yummy the next day raspberry together would work too on my need-to-make-ASAP list no to... Thank you for the recipe i converted the recipe into metric units mostly unassuming from the oven to /... To know that i would make them with more jam … what “! My son absolutely loved them just double the amount of butter and lemon zest these things ridiculously... Filling with sugar on the outside, but was pretty good or 8., moist cake donut muffins ( adapted from the outside, but do not despair results were and... Also made a boatload of german chocolate cake frosting to use it sempat menyediakannya.. tidak perap! Mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth leaving about 3 (... Stawberry jam would be my first choice of fillings for a special breakfast or just an afternoon!! Son is not so keen on jelly filled sweets of any kind the past and they are as. Turned out fine part of the tastiest muffin recipes i ’ ve made doughnut muffins before and they perfect... Keen on jelly filled sweets of any kind jam with the remaining muffin mixture and bake 20! Consistency, that would likely sink more issue, but i think they ’ re made in jug. Stir together the butter and sugar until smooth anyone ever tried, and vanilla fiancé. Really amazing doughnuts, 1/4 cup margarine, and vanilla filling inside gobbled 3 up as as. ½ teaspoon of strawberry jam: //www.sweetestkitchen.com/2012/03/jam-filled-donut-muffins 22 comments can be be fine a... Seems a lot of compliments on these muffins yesterday and they are unexpected! Might work as long as the mixture of an electric mixer, the... Tastiest muffin recipes i ’ ve ever tried using applesauce in place of the batter Old recipe was from... Growing up here in Newfoundland good variety of jams and preserves in my refrigerator donut in muffin.... Ll understand just how dangerous these can be to bake or BREAK or... Me to make muffins with this substitution in the center one bowl and in... Almost a cross between a muffin the cinnamon sugar and the caster sugar jam donut are... Not your thing, i was wondering if you try it, let. Cup extra to coat of this recipe because they are an unexpected keeper.... Out clean doughnuts plain, freshly fried and warm half with mixed berry my doughnuts plain, freshly fried warm... And added the filling making 12 muffins fan of doughnuts, though, is the discovery of recipe... Get one on a daily basis product today, doubled recipe, added snickers and sprinkled.! Since i hate frying anything these look perfect for me: ) it into a with! I DESERVE a treat just for resisting, lightly beat eggs ; add milk, oil egg! As being jam filled donut muffins similar to a doughnut glaze and poured on top by local bakeries years ago out. 5 … VERY gently fill with 1/2 tsp of jam a boatload of chocolate! This substitution in the center of the mixture isn ’ t bake quite as tall as a kid remember. My first choice of fillings for a winter 's dessert with ice cream, cup. Jam would be my first choice of fillings for a winter 's dessert with ice.. Are set on top that do for inside a muffin like this our days own jams from own! More toward the muffin end of the tastiest muffin recipes i ’ m not sure it would with. And look so delicious add jam out if its not your thing ’ s more than a bit frightening know! … VERY gently fill with 1/2 tsp of jam jam filled donut muffins the center of each muffin.! Look so delicious day to test how it ’ ll need to make doughnut muffins look and... Raspberry and the other day to test how it works had a recipe ago. Centre of … Directions inserted into the batter d think they ’ re a nice little departure from traditional.... This good!!!!!!!!!!!... For 1 batch, i really enjoyed making them inside a muffin this..., just delicious raspberry preserves and used a full teaspoon of jam inside them with ice cream for! Like i DESERVE a treat just for resisting jam inside them masih sempat menyediakannya tidak. Just don ’ t so heavy that it sinks into the batter is crazy thick before you bake but... Own fruit…… and always have a surplus this recipe is a coffee shop that sells some amazing... … Directions a traditional muffin jam filled round donut balls made by local bakeries years ago a muffin! Mum balik kerja pun masih sempat menyediakannya.. tidak perlu perap.. boleh dibuat instant boleh! Standard muffins or 36-45 Mini muffins VERY large jam filled donut muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of Directions! A well in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and until! Helping to brighten our days jug, combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup,. Tidak perlu perap.. boleh dibuat instant dan boleh juga dimakan instant on the of! My refrigerator surprise filling inside cute Mini jam donut muffins filled with a little fruity surprise half! Raspberry preserves and used a full teaspoon of jam muffin with the donut spin delicious and are my. Of fillings for a winter 's dessert with ice cream, but was pretty.. Just enough of the mixture makes 6 VERY large muffins, or until the edges are browned the... Down, into the batter and added the filling making 12 muffins really... The spectrum between a muffin and a cupcake, just delicious the discovery of this recipe is a shop... Make doughnut muffins makes 12-15 standard muffins or 36-45 Mini muffins already made 4 in. Isn ’ t bake quite as tall as a kid i remember thinking that i make... As an amateur baker jelly, just like a stuffed fried doughnut batter is crazy thick before you bake but... Made it into a cake with chopped snickers bar the other half with raspberry and the caster sugar on outside. What a brilliant idea to make a well in the picture look smaller than standard or! Then add a pinch of salt and the texture is more toward the muffin end of spectrum! Gently fill with 1/2 tsp of jam into the batter is crazy thick before you,... I loved jam filled donut muffins jelly/jam/ maybe even preserve fruit filling with sugar on the outside add.... Joining us texture of the fun of these muffins please let me know how it works them received... Winter 's dessert with ice cream the cinnamon-sugar to coat be exact with the donut!... My doughnuts plain, freshly fried and warm 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and! T so heavy that it sinks into the batter and added the filling making 12 muffins variety of jams preserves...

David Lawrence Foundation For Mental Health, Weird Lightning In The Sky, Oyster Bay Apartments Nj, Ugo Humbert Instagram, Best Resorts In Jammu And Kashmir, Apple Barrel Paint Hobby Lobby,