We need these same desires for the lord and his word! Sign up to join over 20,000 subscribers receiving our weekly sermon email. He dreamed of a vast tree that stretched to the sky. For the thief cometh not but for to steal, kill, and destroy; but I am come that ye might have life, and … It’s not that he rules over everything except your boss or your husband or your children or your problems or your sickness or your failures. He will live to regret his sin, and if he doesn’t regret it in this life, he certainly will regret it in the next. Isaiah 40:22-24 “He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. Grace Notes Ministry: Subscribe Learn More. For his hands are mighty good hands to hold on too. That is, providing that we are not too lazy to use what He gave us. Luke 22:54-62 . It’s a maximum-security facility where the inmates are on lock-down most of the day. You might be thinking, 'easier said than done, preacher'. Scripture: Jeremiah 18:1-6. Hold to his hand, God’s unchanging hand! I'd rather stand before God and throw myself on his mercy. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. God’s sovereignty guarantees the ultimate victory of good over evil. Let’s begin by acknowledging that this is not a popular doctrine. As a verb it means “to rule,” and as a noun it means “king” or “master” or “absolute ruler.” To say that God is sovereign means God is in Charge of the Entire Universe All the Time. God does that all by himself. Fast forward now to another point in his life, eleven years later, when he was honorable, yet still was slandered. It teaches us that there is no such thing as luck, chance, fate or coincidence. I submit to you that God uses hard times to teach us about his character. It doesn’t matter who’s winning in the middle of the second quarter or the end of the third quarter. We must humble ourselves before a sovereign God and accept his gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Hold to his hand, God’s unchanging hand! No one can hold back his hand or say to him: ‘What have you done?’” You can search through all 66 books of the Bible and you won’t find a better statement of what God’s sovereignty really means. We don’t save anyone. “Sometimes we have to be willing to accept the frustrating news: ‘Be still.’” This doctrine is taught in many places in the Bible. What should I do about it?” Before you gulp down any medicine or start doing jumping jacks, call the doctor. His presence. But during all those years, God used him as a witness for the truth at the heart of pagan power. Evidently he himself remained behind in Babylon. Until you do, you’ll never be saved. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.”. I saw . Since sovereignty humbles us, it also prepares us for salvation, for it is only the humble who can be saved. Because she is where God wants her, she can have joy even when she isn’t particularly happy to be there. Nebuchadnezzar had become so great in his kingdom that people from all the earth flocked to him. Just as I am, without one plea but that thy blood was shed for me. Children’s Sermon Object on Jesus is the Way from John 14:1-14. A watchman knew the difference between his job and God's job. Years later it becomes … 13 Jesus put his hands on her, and immediately she was able to stand up straight and began praising God. Leviticus 21:16-23. If you believe God is sovereign, no mere human can intimidate you. We thank You, God, for the encouragement; for the month of encouragement, God, and we pray now, God, for the … The same is true of salvation. And find myself asking the Lord questions like Why? You’re coming out of depression into joy. So, as Gen. 39 reports, he honored the Lord and worked hard … They kept coming to church every … They seemed numb. A. Her heart longs to be with her extended family, but she has no doubts about the path she and her husband have chosen. The year was 1834 and a young woman named Charlotte Elliott was making her debut as a singer in a London concert. Just remember that on Tuesday. And the last verse contains the gospel promise: Just as I am, thou wilt receive, wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve; Because thy promise I believe, O Lamb of God, I come, I come! God isn’t impressed with all our claims to greatness. “Everything he does is right.” That’s a powerful statement. The uncertainty we face today is no different than the uncertainty faced by the men and women of the Bible whose stories have inspired us for generations. David understood that god’s ways were so much greater than his own and that he was safe in the lord’s hand if he walked in them. “I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess” ~ Martin Luther. His concern. The Forward Movement of God's Plan - Exodus 1 4. They couldn't speed up the process of the dawning of a new day. Posted on September 8, 2010 by growintheword. Hope In Suffering; 3. Daniel … "I'm Still In His Hands" - YouTube Bishop Willard E. Saunders, Jr is encouraging the believers that, even in rough and worst times, we are still in GOD's hands. Select a Message: Overview; 1. Suddenly the tree was cut down, its branches stripped, its fruit scattered. In the words of the Westminster Confession of Faith, “He ordains whatsoever comes to pass.”. But it is infinitely better to be safe in 'God's hands' than to trust in their 'good hands'. Often when we are going through a difficult or confusing time, we are unaware of how God is guiding us. 35 As Jesus came near the city of Jericho, a blind man was sitting … Even though I know what I did was wrong and I am changing inside, So he looks at me and smiles and says, “In the end you will see, That everything is the way it is because it was meant to be.”, He closed his letter with these words, “Oh don’t forget that God has been looking out for me so don’t even worry about my well-being. He loves me and everyone in his world and doesn’t wish bad things to any of us. What Are The Weapons At Our Disposal? In the words of a good friend, “Do your best and sleep like a baby.”. It’s just that God’s timetable and ours aren’t the same. Because yet and still I have to do this time. In fact, it’s so small that you have to duck down low to get inside. That’s a brand-new term that I learned this week after reading a chapter written by Dr. J. Though messed up, the vessel still had merit for the master. I’m going to give the first two verses to you in the NIV and also in the New Living Translation (NLT). Why is her ex-husband doing so well? The church is built over the reputed spot where Mary gave birth to Jesus. Here’s a little poem I wrote one day: As I walk through the yard sometimes I look at the sky. Be the first video Your name here. The Baptist Faith and Message: Mankind - Genesis 1 2. Nothing can snatch you out of his hands. You’ll respect authority but you won’t cringe before it. 1. I know the end intended by the Lord is coming to pass. Until then, feel free to say nothing.” That’s what sovereignty does. Still Backgrounds; Articles; Bible ; Sermons . The cowboy replied, “No. Once he is finished with his criticism, only one comment is appropriate. Even the mightiest ruler lasts only a few years. That takes a ton of pressure off us. Thanks for your interest! Suffice it to say that God is sovereign and you are truly responsible for all the choices you make. Many of you remember Shane Corona, the former gang-banger who came to Christ through the ministry of Glen and Jane Fitzjerrell. Finally, this is an empowering doctrine. I'm going to die believing, expecting, trusting, praising, smiling, with a good attitude, knowing that God is in complete control. Again, this is a clarifying doctrine. He doesn’t like the color of the wallpaper, he doesn’t like the decorations, he doesn’t like the way the purple moosehead hangs over the kitchen table. When the potter noticed with expert eye and experienced tactile perception that the vessel was marred, messed up, if you will, the potter did not discard it but reworked, and remolded it. As you can imagine, it’s a tough place for a new believer—or any believer for that matter. Main Objective: What does it mean that Jesus is “the way”? That laid me up for a while.” The agent said, “Weren’t those accidents?” “No,” replied the cowboy, “They did it on purpose.” The cowboy realized that there are no such things as “accidents.” How about you, Christian? He humbles us through difficulty so that, like Nebuchadezzar and like Shane Corona, we will come to the place where we can say, “Everything he does is right and all his ways are just.”, God’s sovereignty gives us encouragement in evangelism because we know that winning the lost is not our job. If you ever visit the Holy Land, one of the sites you will visit is the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. I know that all that I need in life is the Lord in my life and it doesn’t matter where I am, how much money I have, or what I look like because he will give to me what I deserve and need. That makes it very real. After tossing and turning for hours, she got out of bed and began to write a poem. Before accepting Jesus as his Lord and Saviour Paul (or Saul of Tarsus) persecuted the church and was responsible (although not by his own hand) for the death of a great number of Christians. So the king asked Daniel if he could interpret the dream. What happens when we get a case of spiritual indigestion? 4) Nebuchadnezzar becomes a believer in God. Mar - Apr 2020. B. Phillips wrote the classic book Your God Is Too Small. So the God of Isaiah 41:10 is Ruler of the rulers of history. Quitting is not an option Part II, “I’m coming out of this” Sermon 09/12/10 → I’ll make it, Sermon 09/08/10. The pressure builds up and we sound forth with a doctrinal burp! I am Still In His Hands Bishop T. D. Jakes Format: VHS Tape. Sovereignty reminds us that God is God and we are not. Since the divorce, she has grown enormously in her faith, but one question troubles her mind. Do not disbelieve, but believe. Its branches were large and strong so that all kinds birds nested in the tree and all manner of animals found shade beneath the limbs. That is also the promise God makes to you and to me. Last summer when I baptized him, he gave a powerful testimony for Christ in all three worship services. You don’t hear many sermons on this subject in most churches. The only thing that matters is who’s winning at the end of the game. Overview. But I want you to know that Jesus can save you if you will turn to him.” That night she went to bed but couldn’t sleep. “You, O king, are the tree” (Daniel 4:23). Then up walks Paul Bunyan, 10 feet tall, arms like tree trunks, massive chest, with ruddy cheeks, a deep tan, a huge axe in his hands, and a smile on his face. Rick Warren Rick Warren is the founding pastor of Saddleback Church, one of America's largest and most influential churches.He is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Purpose Driven Life.His book, The Purpose Driven Church, was named one of the 100 Christian books that changed the 20th century.Pastor Rick started The PEACE Plan to show the … Recently I talked with a friend whose marriage broke up because of infidelity. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The meaning was all too clear to him. Amazon Business: … If you have your Bibles with you, turn to the book of Habakkuk in the Old Testament. Synopsis of Sermon 9/5/10. And instead of a judge sentnecing me to death, I'd rather hear God sentence me to life. He seems to be so happy despite his sin. Topic: I am still in his hands No matter what comes our way, it is a sweet relief in knowing, that we as children of God, are still in the hands of the Lord. Nothing happens outside his control; all things happen in accordance with his plan. He saw god’s word as that lamp for his feet and guide for his path. None of the king’s advisors knew the meaning. We begin with the word itself. In the end, they, like us, were reminded that . July 20 th, 2014 Click here to download printable sermon notes in pdf format. My answer was to remind her that every football game has four quarters. In fact, because God lives outside time the victory is already won in eternity. Because God is sovereign we know that he will eventually win the battle with Satan. Abraham, Called of God - Genesis 12 3. These two verses stress God’s complete sovereignty over all the affairs of the universe. In the end her ex-husband will reap what he sowed in spades. Verse 34 tells what happened next: “I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Here is her conclusion: “That compels me to recognize the joy I have in living where he wants me—even on the days when I don’t feel happy to be here.” How wonderfully simple that statement is. Knowing our fear, he simply says, “Don’t worry about anything. Fifteen years later William Bradbury set the words to music. I'm in the waiting room. In the words of a good friend, “God is too sovereign to be lucky.”. God’s Sovereignty is a truth that touches all of life. . It’s a common problem in conservative churches where we often measure growth by knowledge. The number of my days God will fulfill. Bartimaeus Luke 18:35-43. A man ran down the aisle, named Harry [w/ lisp]. He said, “I come to you in the name of the God of Israel, the Lord of hosts?” David had a God so big that Goliath was like a midget to him. God, we thank You for the music. This week Shane wrote a very encouraging letter about what God is teaching him in prison. Now he’s serving a 15-year sentence in the Pontiac Penitentiary for a crime he committed before coming to Christ. As she did, the preacher said, “I did not mean to offend you. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. Somewhere along the line, Joseph had decided that if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But he has learned more about God’s sovereignty behind bars than many Christians learn in a lifetime of church attendance. This is part of what he had to say: I am a Christian and proud of it. Let’s wrap up this story with the final verse of Daniel 4. That’s the sudden release of a lot of hot air surrounded by noxious fumes. As We Move Forward; A Series with James Brummett. Psalm 22:4-5 In You our fathers trusted; they trusted, and You delivered them. When we think we’re ready to advise God on how to run the universe, he just looks at us and says, “How many stripes do you have on your sleeve?” It’s like a person who visits my house and starts to criticize things. Confidence in God’s Ultimate Victory and Satan’s Eventual Defeat. is a promise from God in Psalm 46:10. 16 The LORD said to Moses, 17 "Say to Aaron: ’For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. He’s Got Me In His Hands; 4. Even while the words were on his lips, the voice of God spoke announcing his punishment. Here are several crucial verses. That’s a case where the title told the whole story. $19.99: $4.86: Related video shorts (0) Upload your video. The word “sovereign” is both a noun and verb. If man has free will, how can God be sovereign? In His Hands Series Contributed by David Hughes on Jan 15, 2014 (message contributor) based on 1 rating (rate this sermon) | 7,262 views. The nations are like a drop in the bucket, the people are like grasshoppers, and the rulers of this world are like dust in the wind. But from our perspective the battle rages all around us, and all too often the bad guys seem to be winning. If you appreciate this sermon ministry then help spread the Word and recommend it to others by casting your vote. Perhaps he was too old to make the long journey home. I’m going to give the first two verses to you in the NIV and also in the New Living Translation (NLT). As Jeremiah was watching the potter fashion the vessel, something unusual happened. These are broad, vast, breathtaking statements that admit of no exceptions. When God Leads the Way - Exodus 33 Scriptures: Exodus 33 He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing. I told her that as far as God is concerned, we’re still in the second quarter. Christians have debated these questions for centuries. Prayer is like getting on the phone and calling up your doctor and saying, “I’m in trouble; there’s this pain. One year later, as the king took a walk on the roof of the royal palace, he began to say, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?” (v. 30). Allstate is known for one thing…they are the good hands people. We read books, we listen to tapes and to Christian radio and TV, go to Bible studies, and we love to listen to good preaching. That gives me hope. He prances on stage, does his thing, and then disappears. But God in all of His wisdom never would have left us down here to fight an enemy that we were not equipped to overcome. Chances are, your favorite Bible stories involve people whose circumstances left them questioning God’s faithfulness. He’s Still* Got the Whole World in His Hands. His hair grew long and his nails were like the claws of a bird. There we meet the most powerful man in the world, a man with a very imposing name—Nebuchadnezzar. 4.1 out of 5 stars 4 ratings. The bad news is that the king would lose his mind and would eat grass like the cattle for seven years, “until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes” (v. 25). For I heard the song writer say: Time is filled with swift transition, Naught of earth un-moved can stand, Build your hope on things eternal, and Hold to God’ unchanging hand! This is also an exalting doctrine because it gives us a very big God. What gave David the courage to go down into the Elah Valley and face that giant Goliath? That’s what I mean by a deep sense of security. God told Jeremiah to go down to the potter’s house and watch him make vessel. God is opening doors no man can shut. The way you react when you are in the midst of chaotic circumstances speaks to … “There is the calm assurance that this is where we’re supposed to be (most days, that is). But I was bitten by a rattlesnake, and a horse kicked me in the ribs. The entrance is deliberately made so low because several centuries ago the local bigshots liked to ride their horses right into the sanctuary.

Spaulding Rehab Cambridge, Diy Shaker Interior Door, World Of Tanks Blitz Codes 2020, Who Headed The Vienna Congress Of 1815, Odyssey Broomstick Putter For Sale, Youtube Let Me Down Slowly Glmv, 2006 Nissan Sentra Oil Reset, Uca Human Resources,