Look inside for your Screenshots folder. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. The Print Screen button, only takes a snapshot of the screen. – Here Are Top 5 Fixes, 18 Tips and Tricks Inside Windows 10 You Should Know - MiniTool. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Download the Fireshot extension by going to the setting option in Google Chrome and click on Add Extension, then download Fireshot, your problem will be solved. Its on the insert key, below the actual 'insert' word, in a little box. The screenshot will automatically be saved to a Screenshots folder in your Pictures. How do you get the print screen button to work on my laptop ? Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. What else can I do? I am running Linux and these are directions for Windows. Even people who do not understand computer can gain something. Step 3: Select Browse my computer for driver software. Is there a way to print screen only a few people in a photograph with many people in it? Try holding the ctrl button down whilst pressing home or try holding the Fn button when you press it. This in-built tool in Windows can take a screenshot of the portion of the currently active window or the whole screen. If so, you should close these programs through the following steps: Step 1: Press "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" key together to open Task Manager. Then, select Update driver. This will tell your computer to copy the screen information as a picture to your Clipboard. From there, you can print the screenshot … Today, I tried to take a screenshot of different pages and tried several times on each page, but it hasn't worked at all. The 'pasting into a program' step is not actually necessary, though if you want to edit it within some program, you can open the saved screenshot in the program the same way you would any other picture. With some experimentation, I found that it now works only if I press the shift key while pressing the PrtScn key. If you can't find your Pictures folder, go to the bottom left side of your desktop (where you log out) and use the Search Windows option and search for the word Pictures. No, that wont work, if i hit print screen, all it does is pop up the print window!! Update Keyboard Driver How do I print my current screen and not all the pages? It worked fine (sort of/off and on) for the most part. Restart your computer and try to press the print screen key to see if it works. Some programs can assign the Print Screen key and prevent Snagit from using it as a hotkey. Step 3: Select Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for Windows to automatically install the latest driver. You can use the Snipping Tool, available on Windows Vista, Windows 7 (but NOT Windows 7 basic or starter), Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10, and drag your cursor to snip a part of your screen (it won't include the snipping tool window). Or you could hold down the shift key (^) and then press print screen. How to Fix Print Screen Not Working on Windows 10, Solution 3. Keep reading to get them. Once you've taken a screenshot, you can paste it into a program like Paint or Microsoft Word. If all the above methods can't solve the Print Screen not working Windows 10 issue, you can use an alternative tool: Snipping Tool. This article has been viewed 2,985,316 times. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. If there is an F Mode key or F Lock key on your keyboard, the Print Screen not working Windows 10 may be caused by them, because such keys can disable the Print Screen key. That’s because such keys may prevent you from using print screen key. I've tried pasting it in paint, word and photoshop but no luck! Home is the main button with print screen in a small box on the actuall button. I use it all the time. Elle. In what file is the Print Screen capture placed? He is technology enthusiast and an English teacher. Step 2: Similarly, open Device Manager, expand Keyboards, right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and choose Update driver. Sometimes pressing the print screen button alone won't be enough to take a screenshot. To take a screenshot by using the Print Screen function on your keyboard, simply press the “PrtSc” button while you’re on the page that you want to take a screenshot of. Check the Enable Hotkeys checkbox. Author Linda has been working as an editor at MiniTool for 1 year. And your picture should show up. Snagit 12 We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Here you will find the best tips and tricks for Windows 10. Hi, I used to be able to press the print screen key and then paste the screen shot into a new document in Photoshop, but not any more. When you press that key together with the “Fn” button, then you activate the “Print Screen” function. Many laptop users are oblivious to the “Fn” button and assume that the “Print Screen” key doesn’t work on their laptops. Step 2: Right-click on programs and select End Task to close them. These messages may appear when this occurs: Okay. SO. Go to your browser and download a free paint programme such as NETPaint or similar. Look in your Pictures folder for the screenshot Open the My Documents folder, and click on the Pictures icon. 1 decade ago. % of people told us that this article helped them. Confirm Print Screen is set as the Global Capture hotkey under the red Capture button. Click the Save button. Now I know, "Thank you so much! There are some customization options for the tool as well, such as changing the shape of the snip, a time delay (Windows 10 only), etc. Relevance. The only solution is to try the following key combinations, one after the other, until you find the right one: FN + Print Screen key CTRL + Print Screen key If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c9\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/aid959724-v4-728px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":342,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":542,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-2-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-2-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-2-Version-6.jpg\/aid959724-v4-728px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-2-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8d\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-3-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-3-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8d\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-3-Version-6.jpg\/aid959724-v4-728px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-3-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":342,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":542,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-4-Version-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-4-Version-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3f\/Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-4-Version-6.jpg\/aid959724-v4-728px-Use-the-%22Print-Screen%22-Function-on-a-Keyboard-Step-4-Version-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":344,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":544,"licensing":"