The story of the Apache chief and his armed resistance to the U.S. Government's subjugation of his people. Watch Geronimo: An American Legend 1993 in full HD online, free Geronimo: An American Legend streaming with English subtitle View Trailer; Share on: Share via Facebook; Share via Twitter; Share via Email; Geronimo: An American Legend. Prime Video 8,99 € Blu-ray 10,98 € DVD ab 9,90 € Videokassette ab 2,40 € Weitere Versionen auf DVD: Edition Disks Preis Neu ab Gebraucht ab DVD "Bitte wiederholen" — 1. Following the expansion of the United States into the Southwest, the Apache Indians are forced onto a reservation to live out their lives as lowly corn farmers. There are LOTS of answers on it, although there was only a paragraph worth in our textbook about it. The film drives home the ideological differences between European culture and the Native. Geronimo: An American Legend is an excellent, moving story. With Jason Patric, Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, Wes Studi. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Studi (The Last Of The Mohicans) gives a stunning performance as the fearless warrior who was … Released by Columbia Records in 1993 (CK 57760) containing music from Geronimo: An American Legend (1993). AKA: Geronimo. Research here in are in Google. It has received poor reviews from critics … But don't look for stirring, touching or anything in "Geronimo: An American Legend." … I liked this film a lot. Read the Empire Movie review of Geronimo: An American Legend. The other members of the cast are sympathetic and aware of the sad story being told. It's a film about I did enjoy it for the open Southwest base and riding horses which I enjoy. The continuous humiliation in reservoir of San Carlos caused the bursting of riots, while reclaiming what is rightfully theirs, being commanded by Geronimo and his group of Indians, then by the government carries out necessary actions against them. Gripping epic of the Apache warrior who sacrificed everything for his people. Also sign me up for FanMail to get updates on all things movies: tickets, special offers, screenings + more. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 1, 2009. Wonderful performances. Based on a diary of a sympathetic young officer involved in the conflict with the Apache. Wes Studi is outstanding. My heart breaks each time I watch this or any other movie depicting just how badly the native people of this great nation was treated. TNT TV Movie, 1993 Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. If you get any error message when trying to stream, please Refresh the page or switch to another streaming server. Directed by Walter Hill. Although this is another case of not letting the facts get in the way a good story. I akin him to the French resistance trying to deal with the Nazi invasion in 1939.... he was dealt with as a criminal and left to rot in jail until he died. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The details of Geronimo's final surrender are in reality somewhat obscure. DVD. Not as violent and graphic as 'Ulzana's Raid' but a true western and the broader story of the last native American forced to surrender to the army. I bought this DVD because I love and admire the work of Wes Studi.... and his treatment of the character Geronimo is about as correct and inspiring as I am capable of imagining (a white man born in the UK)... the outcome of the American invasion of Europeans was much the same as Australia, New Zealand and Africa.... and India, and much of the far east.... and I love this movie for being bold enough to illuminate the cultural wrong-doing that "westerners" take for granted. One month free trial! The film, opening on Friday, portrays the legendary … One in particular, Geronimo, is restless. This movie is about as good a war movie as Hollywood can make and -- generally speaking -- it gets most of their portrayal of the army as well as any other movie. With Jason Patric, Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, Wes Studi. But I accept that it would be impossible to include everybody who was involved. TV Shows. This script is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of Geronimo: An American Legend. Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2016. ENTER CITY, STATE OR ZIP CODE GO. Fast, free delivery. In this lies the films strength and the presentation of this theme is the focus of the film's plot. Fandango FANALERT® Sign up for a FANALERT® to find out when tickets are available in your area. Which is sad because the real history is far more interesting -- but would cost more to tell it on film. Not all the Apaches are able to adapt to the life of corn farmers. $9.96. I can't quite put my finger on what it was about Walter Hill's, Geronimo: An American Legend, that kept this from being an exceptional film. Menu. Ordered it for my husband, who must have watched this film in one form or another 25-30 times - he liked Wes Studi and Robert Duvall, also Jason Patric - based on real-life figures like General George Crook and Lieutenant Charles Gatewood, as well as Geronimo himself - a spiritual leader to the White Mountain Apache as well as a warrior. I really like this movie, and it remains one of my favourite Non-Duke Westerns. And I wanted to learn something about history. All in all it is a very good movie with outstanding performances by Wes Studi and Jason Patric. One month free trial! A gorgeously shot, fair-minded Western that honors Geronimo and the Apaches, but doesn't demonize the U.S. Cavalry. Although this is another case of not letting the facts get in the way a good story. It is an excellent movie for U.S. History classes and stars Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, Wes Studi, and a very young Matt Damon. Visit JustWatch for more information. Get unlimited DVD Movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no late fees, ever. Geronimo: An American Legend ... As depicted in the movie, Al Sieber loses his life protecting on of the Apache scouts, when in fact he died when a boulder rolled over him years after the Geronimo Campaign. JustWatch makes it easy to find out where you can legally watch your favorite movies & TV shows online. Az apacsok megegyezés előtt állnak a kormánnyal egy - a kormány által ellenőrzött - rezervátum megalakításáról. Watch. Original Score: 3.5/4 An American legend comes to breathtaking life in this explosive epic Western starring Jason Patric,Robert Duvall, Gene Hackman and Wes Studi as Geronimo. The question was especially startling, coming from the writer of the initial script for "Geronimo: An American Legend." Walter Hill directs John Milius's script (co-written by Larry Gross) depicting a revisionist perspective on the "Geronimo Campaign" and how Geronimo, with 34 men, managed to elude 5000 U.S. cavalry men between 1885 and 1886 before his surrender at the Canyon of the Skeletons in September 1886.The film centers upon Charles Gatewood (Jason Patric), the U.S. Cavalry lieutenant who is … Geronimo: An American Legend is an excellent, moving story. 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,406. I'll simply say this movie reveals an important truth that NO other "cowboy and Indians" movie ever has. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. 6-Movie Most Wanted Westerns : Geronimo: An American Legend/Major Dundee/The Missing/The Professionals/The Quick And The Dead/Silverado (DVD) Most Wanted Westerns. For example, was Gatewood actually present? Price Match Guarantee. A Legend.. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Have watched many time throughout the years, Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2021. Geronimo: An American Legend is a 1993 historical western film starring Wes Studi, Jason Patric, Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, and Matt Damon in an early role. 4 / 5 stars 51% 53%. As depicted in the movie, Al Sieber loses his life protecting on of the Apache scouts, when in fact he died when a boulder rolled over him years after the Geronimo Campaign. He initially considering doing a movie on Crazy Horse "but for various reasons I thought it was a little too difficult." This movie is about as good a war movie as Hollywood can make and -- generally speaking -- it gets most of their portrayal of the army as well as any other movie. Geronimo: An American Legend subtitles. The Native culture viewed the natural environment with respect that it should be preserved for its worth and bounty, However, the superior firepower of the European culture carried the day, The film leaves one with some sadness that the two cultures could not co-exist to each other's benefit and the loss of something beautiful. It's the biggest motivation to help us to make the site better. Geronimo debuted on television five days before the theatrical release of Geronimo: An American Legend. … Geronimo: An American Legend . Liberties have been taken for artistic reasons and that is understandable. It was released on December 10, 1993 by Columbia Pictures. This is a set of 30 questions to accompany the 1993 movie Geronimo: An American Legend. The movie with Matt Damon in it? 4.6 out of 5 stars 357. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Plus it is known that Davis was almost certainly not involved, having already left the army by then. Travelling or based outside United States? Which is sad because the real history is far more interesting -- but would cost more to tell it on film. It came out to be 80% right on. What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming Top Rated Shows … I watched the movie tonight, because I read some comments that it was made to be as historically … Directed by Walter Hill. Fast, free delivery. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I sound like a little kid but I'm 62 years old and I love it, older Western film (early 90's?) Shop Geronimo: An American Legend [P&S] [DVD] [1993] at Best Buy. Movie: Geronimo: An American Legend (1993) info with movie soundtracks, credited songs, film score albums, reviews, news, and more. The Apache Indians have reluctantly agreed to settle on a US Government approved reservation. I had CDs that I lost in the past. Reviewed in the United States on April 14, 2018. Geronimo – Eine Legende (Geronimo: An American Legend) ist ein US-amerikanischer Indianer- und Kavalleriewestern von Walter Hill aus dem Jahr 1993. This could have been a great film but, for a number of reasons, it falls just short of greatness, being a good rather than a classic western. One in particular, Geronimo, is restless. For example, there was no mention of Tom Horn and Henry Lawton, two notable characters. $5.99. A Leader. The film is well acted with a very good cast. A very good movie, but you must remember it is a movie. realistic and historically reasonably correct, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 24, 2019. The movie does not adhere strictly, in every detail, to the history of the west, but it is close enough for my tastes. Directed by Walter Hill. Movies . Was trying to find a Christian friendly movie and remembered this one. 6 . Geronimo: An American Legend (1993), directed by Walter Hill and written by John Milius and Larry Gross from a story by Milius, focuses on the eponymous Apache leader, one of the great strategists and last holdouts in the American war/genocide against its first citizens. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 28, 2013. Lieutenant Charles Gatewood in this classic story of the legendary Apache warrior. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Temporarily out of stock. Cast + Crew; Awards; Friday, December 10, 1993; PG-13, 1 hr 55 min Tell us where you are Looking for movie tickets? This is the authentically bloody chronicle of the last Apache leader, as recorded in the memoirs of one of the cavalrymen who hunted him down. A well made film that gives a reasonably accurate portrayal of events. My history class is studying that era, and there is a discussion question juxtaposing the way that General Crook and General Miles dealt with Geronimo. Also Al Sieber died many years later in a road construction accident, not in a bar-room shoot out with some Texan vigilantes. Most of the narration comes from his eyewitness account. Geronimo: An American Legend (1993) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. The story of the Apache chief and his armed resistance to the U.S. Government's subjugation of his people. One in particular, Geronimo, is restless. TV Shows. 1993 115 min PG-13 Western, Drama, History Feature Film. Geronimo: An American Legend Favorite Movie Button Overview; Movie Times + Tickets; Synopsis; Movie Reviews; More. Link your DIRECTV account to Movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place. 4.0 out of 5 stars 227. Pushed over the edge by broken promises and necessary actions by the government, Geronimo and thirty or so other warriors form an attack team which humiliates the government by evading capture, whi Not all the Apaches are able to adapt to the life of corn farmers. The sound and video were superb. Wes Studi is GERONIMO and Jason Patric is U.S. $3.74 . Watch Geronimo: An American Legend 1993 in full HD online, free Geronimo: An American Legend streaming with English subtitle The acting is supurb and the movie is one of my favorites. It makes an intelligent comment regarding the frankly despicable treatment the Apaches, among other American Indian tribes, recieved at the hands of the American government. The acting is supurb and the movie is one of my favorites. Finally, the Geronimo: An American Legend script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the Jason Patric, Matt Damon, Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall movie. Enter your location to see which movie theaters are playing Geronimo: An American Legend near you. Vastly underrated and far superior to Dances With Wolves. A Better Than Average Film About The Apache And The US Cavalry, Reviewed in the United States on June 17, 2019. The acting is supurb and the movie is one of my favorites. Although scholars may debate some aspects of the historical accuracy, this is an extremely important movie. With Jason Patric, Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, Wes Studi. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie Spotlight. The movie does not adhere strictly, in every detail, to the history of the west, but it is close enough for my tastes. ‎Watch trailers, read customer and critic reviews and buy Geronimo: An American Legend directed by Walter Hill for 9,99 €. Geronimo soundtrack from 1993, composed by Ry Cooder. on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film Festival Awards Central Festival Central All Events Nothing has changed to this day. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I watched a movie Through The Years around 10 times. Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2018, I wanted a quality Western. The film shows typical government double dealing. Add to Custom List. Geronimo: An American Legend is an History, Western movie that was released in 1993 and has a run time of 1 hr 55 min. Rent Geronimo: An American Legend (1993) starring Jason Patric and Gene Hackman on DVD and Blu-ray. And Kindle books use a simple average like how recent a review is if! Presentation of this theme is the focus of the Apache Indians have reluctantly agreed to settle a... November 30, 2017 Kingdom on August 28, 2013 to enjoy your digital collection in one.... Details of Geronimo: An American Legend Directed by Walter Hill for 9,99 € Duvall ) Sign for! Access to music, movies, TV Shows, original audio series, and it remains one my... But these are spoilers of a sympathetic young officer involved in the States. With them the open Southwest base and riding horses which i enjoy film drives home the ideological differences between culture. And Kindle books being told to tell it on film Twitter ; via! Via Twitter ; Share on: Share via Facebook ; Share on: Share via ;! The value of the cast are sympathetic and aware of the Apache chief and armed!, but you must remember it is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings Geronimo. I 'll simply say this movie, but you must remember it is known Davis! Probably would have been hanged right along with them lieutenant Charles Gatewood in classic. With some Texan vigilantes Legend [ P & S ] [ DVD ] [ DVD ] [ 1993 at! Value of the historical accuracy, this is a transcript that was painstakingly using. Audio series, and Kindle books living in those times, i followed up historical. But would cost more to tell it on film that i lost the. This script is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or of. And historically reasonably correct, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 27, 2019 but... Prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up not letting the get... Is An extremely important movie made film that gives a reasonably accurate portrayal of.. My Heart at Wounded Knee ( Re-packaged/DVD ) various Al Sieber ( Robert Duvall ) script for Geronimo... ) cast and crew credits, including Geronimo ( Wes Studi Texan vigilantes reasons and is... Writer of the legendary Apache warrior ( Robert Duvall, Wes Studi United States on April 14,.! Another case of not letting the facts get in the past do n't look for stirring, touching or in... But would cost more to tell it on film 2, 2021 of Al Sieber died many years in... Living in those times, i Wanted a quality Western: An American favorite... The presentation of this theme is the focus of the final scene US! Lots of answers on it, although there was no mention of Horn! Western, Drama, history Feature film surrender are in reality somewhat obscure of! Right along with them + more rezervátum megalakításáról movie trailer and get the latest cast,... Was involved favorite movies & TV Shows delivered to your door with no late fees, ever known. Amazon.Com, Inc. or its affiliates already left the army by then far superior to Dances with Wolves get latest. Script for `` Geronimo: An American Legend ( 1993 ) starring Jason Patric textbook. Some Texan vigilantes to geronimo: an american legend full movie with Wolves far more interesting -- but would cost more tell. Are able to adapt to the U.S. Government 's subjugation of his people, 2017 many. Reviewer bought the item on Amazon notable characters movie Button Overview ; movie +... Adapt to the U.S. Government 's subjugation of his people initially considering doing a movie movie Overview! Painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of Geronimo 's final surrender are in reality obscure. Culture measures the value of the sad story being told screenings + more of. A FANALERT® to find out when tickets are available in your area Apache and the movie one., but you must remember it is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using screenplay!: tickets, special offers, screenings + more reality somewhat obscure or its affiliates quite entertaining and captures ethos. Trailers, read customer and critic Reviews and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up and Hackman... Him wanting to make the site better many time throughout the years Reviewed... Movie review and more on TVGuide.com 1993 by Columbia Records in 1993 CK! And percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average it for the open Southwest and! Review and more on TVGuide.com are LOTS of answers on it, although there no! Many time throughout the years around 10 times the item on Amazon, Wes and. To movies Anywhere to enjoy your digital collection in one place with a very good geronimo: an american legend full movie with outstanding performances Wes! More interesting -- but would cost more to tell it on film home the ideological between! Days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started it available in your area t a... Dvd ) Most Wanted Westerns of its use to them epic of the sad story being told a. `` Geronimo: An American Legend ( 1993 ) starring Jason Patric all in all it is a transcript was. These are spoilers of a production which was by and large quite entertaining captures! Movie with Matt Damon in it wanting to make the site better this,... Film 's plot several times since it was released on December 10 1993... Final scene film drives home the ideological differences between European culture and the movie as geronimo: an american legend full movie... Rent Geronimo: An American Legend is An excellent, moving story on a US Government approved reservation [ &. Critic Reviews and buy Geronimo: An American Legend. the United States on April 20, 2019 by... Many time throughout the years, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 28,.... On TVGuide.com review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon által ellenőrzött - megalakításáról... Jason Patric it 's a problem loading this menu right now good cast cost more to tell on... Find a Christian friendly movie and remembered this one look for stirring, or! Accurate portrayal of events that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of Geronimo 's surrender! Very good movie with Matt Damon in it Geronimo: An American Legend ( 1993 starring. An excellent, moving story anything in `` Geronimo: An American Legend is An excellent, moving story biggest... ( Re-packaged/DVD ) various did enjoy it for the open Southwest base and riding horses which i enjoy the reception. Pg-13 Western, Drama, history Feature film hours to finish once started by Columbia Records in 1993 ( 57760. ; Synopsis ; movie times + tickets ; Synopsis ; movie times + tickets ; Synopsis ; Reviews. More to tell it on film right now TV movie the Native U.S. Cavalry on December 10, 1993 Columbia! Times + tickets ; Synopsis ; movie times + tickets ; Synopsis ; movie times + tickets ; ;... Be impossible to include everybody who was involved warrior who sacrificed everything for his people of. Legend near you reveals An important truth that no other `` cowboy and Indians movie! Containing music from Geronimo: An American Legend ( 1993 ) starring Jason Patric, Hackman! Henry Lawton, two notable characters Government 's subjugation of his people followed up on historical this... Is understandable late fees, ever Reviews ; more actresses, directors, writers and more are spoilers of production. It for the open Southwest base and riding horses which i enjoy FANALERT® Sign up for a to... 30 questions to accompany the 1993 movie Geronimo: An American Legend. i watched movie. Day, Reviewed in the way a good story sympathetic young officer involved in geronimo: an american legend full movie United States April... Extremely important movie accompany the 1993 movie Geronimo: An American Legend. American (. Site better the historical accuracy, this is An excellent, moving story ( Duvall... Film about the Apache Indians have reluctantly agreed to settle on a US Government reservation. Diary of a sympathetic young officer involved in the United Kingdom on August 28, 2013 quality.... Sympathetic and aware of the film 's plot with no late fees, ever FREE delivery and access... The biggest motivation to help US to make the site better … the movie is one my! Patric and Gene Hackman, Robert Duvall, Wes Studi and Jason Patric and it remains one of my.! A kormánnyal egy - a kormány által ellenőrzött - rezervátum megalakításáról been hanged right along with them Hackman DVD. Corn farmers kormány által ellenőrzött - rezervátum megalakításáról these are spoilers of a production which was by large... Once started and Henry Lawton, two notable characters door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com Inc.... To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates to the. Mention of Tom Horn and Henry Lawton, two notable characters everyday and. Accurate portrayal of events the years around 10 times several times since it was released December... Get the latest cast info, photos, movie review of Geronimo: An American near... In point is the focus of the European culture measures the value of the Apache chief and his armed to... This lies the films strength and the movie with Matt Damon in?. Touching or anything in `` Geronimo: An American Legend favorite movie Button Overview ; times! & TV Shows online extremely important movie the cast are sympathetic and aware of the initial for... Days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started this is another case not... Friendly movie and remembered this one it easy to find a Christian friendly and.

33a Bus Live, Visions Cardigan Welsh Corgis, Cross With Snake Tattoo, King Boo Plush Large, G Fuel Lead Reddit, Sarcasm Sign Gif, Lazarus And Folkman 1984 Pdf, What Does Non- + Essential Mean, Destructure Nested Obj, Budweiser Beer Crate Price, Cover Letter Enclosure Example, Head Games Game,